Value Ranges in Automatic Service Fees
Automatic service fees – based on “ Value ranges” (Optional)
- A new option has been added for automatic service fee rule sets to charge fees based on the value range of the invoice line item.
- This allows you to set up automatic fee rules on the following basis:
- If the invoice line item value/amount (e.g ticket fare) is between R1 and R1000, then charge a flat R35 fee.
- If the invoice line item value/amount is between R1001 and R5000, then charge a flat R100 fee.
- If the invoice line item value/amount is between R5001 and R10000, then charge a flat R500 fee.
New Value ranges table
- Select Setup, Automatic Service Fees, :
- This table includes the following columns – ‘Key’, ‘Range No’, ‘Range Description’, ‘From Amount ’, ‘To Amount’, ‘Fee(excl)’
- Ranges are entered as follows :
- Key – Enter a unique key e.g. “01a” indicating range no ‘01’, range sub item ‘a’.
- Range description – enter a meaningful range description.
Click on to create a new Value range :
- Enter as follows:
- Key – Enter a range no from 1 to 999, applicable to the key. This range no will be used when setting up the automatic fee rule and will be specified in the rule column.
- From Amount – enter the starting value / amount (excl of Vat [and airport taxes]) for the range
- To Amount – enter the stopping value / amount (excl of Vat [and airport taxes]) for the range
- Fixed Fee (Excl) – enter the exclusive fee amount for the item falling within this value range.
- Value Ranges can be shared between different rule sets or separate ones can be created for each rule set. A maximum no of 999 value ranges can be created.
- Range keys must be specified in a consistent way so that they group items for the same range together and also so that they sort items within each range in the correct order (see above e.g.)
- Each range’s ‘From Amount’ must equal the previous range’s ‘To Amount’ plus 1 .
- The range table ‘From/To’ amounts must cover all possible amounts from 0 to 9,999,999.00
- When the fee rule is applied to an invoice and the invoice line item value / amount is compared to the value range table, the first correctly matching value range’s fee will be applied.
- NB Note that the invoice line item exclusive amount (e.g. the ticket fare if the item is a ticket) is compared to the value range table i.e. Vat and airport taxes are not taken into account. Thus the ranges table ‘FromAmount’ and ‘To Amount’ columns must be captured exclusive of vat and airport taxes if applicable.