Supplier Choice Reasons
Capture reason for supplier selection
This functionality has been added to QuickTrav to enable all invoice transactions to be flagged with a supplier
reason code. The intention is to allow the agencies to monitor the extent and reasons for consultants using /
not using specified or preferred suppliers.
- Once switched on, a table of “Supplier Reason Codes” is added to the system.
- All invoice line items, done manually or automatically, must have a valid supplier reason code specified.
- Management can then use the invoicing general reporter to report on the extent and reasons for using suppliers, optionally by consultant etc.
- Ensure the is ticked.
- When finished, click on the button to save the changes and return to the main branch menu.
- Setting up the table of supplier reason codes. Select Setup, Company, A table of supplier reason codes will open as follows.
|/||Creates a new Supplier Choice Reason :
Enter the required Code / Description pairs to suite your requirements,
then press to return to the Supplier Choice Reason Register when done
|/||Opens an existing Supplier Choice Reason.|
||Deletes an existing Supplier Choice Reason.|
||Searches for a specific Supplier Choice Reason.|
|/||Closes the Supplier Choice Reason Register.|
Manual invoices / credit notes.
- You must now specify a supplier reason code for every line item on an invoice or credit note.
- This applies mainly to air tickets and land arrangements but also applies to any other type of line item that requests a supplier code i.e. adms, acms, and refund notices.
- It does not apply to service fees and general charges / credits to which the concept of a supplier is not applicable.
- When entering a manual ticket (and other relevant line invoice items), a supplier choice reason must be specified as follows:
- This new reason code is compulsory and works like all other codes in QuickTrav and can be looked up by entering a blank value.
- QuickTrav automatic invoices are normally for tickets only. However you can add land arrangements and service fees to automated ticket invoices.
- Supplier choice reason codes must be specified for all ticket and land items on the automatic invoice.
- You can specify one supplier reason code that applies to all items on the automatic invoice, or you may specify two reason codes, one for any air tickets on the automatic invoice and the other for any land arrangements on the automatic invoice.
- A new DI.FT accounting information code has been added to allow you to specify the relevant supplier(s) reason codes on an automated invoice. This is the W= code.
- Use the W= code as follows:
- W=<Reason Code>
Apply the reason to all line items on the invoice (this is the easiest and most common way).
e.g. W= PS i.e. reason code Ps will be applied to all items on the automatic invoice.
- W=A.<Air Reason Code>,L.<Land Reason Code>
Apply the reason that follows A. to all AIR line items and apply the reason code that follows the L. reason to all LAND line items on the invoice only.
e.g. W=A.PS / L.NAD i.e. reason code Ps will be applied to all air tickets items on the automatic invoice and reason code Nad will be applied to all land arrangements on the automatic invoice.
Reporting on supplier codes.
- Select [Enquiries], from the main menu to run reports/ enquiries on the supplier choice reason codes.
- A new grouping and sorting options for sorting and grouping by supplier reason have been added to the Quick Reporter, per below.
- Use the options in the normal way to analyse your sales by supplier reason code.
- Typical useful reports would included the following: Analyse sales for the requested month(s):
- By supplier reason code
- By supplier code by supplier reason code
- By supplier code by supplier reason code by consultant