Land Arrangements and the Travel Agent
The typical workflow in a travel agent in respect of land arrangements would be as follows:
- The client orders land services such as accommodation from the agent.
- The agent confirms availability with the supplier and issues a voucher to the client for the required services.
- The client presents the voucher to the supplier who delivers the specified services to the client.
- The client either settles the supplier directly and the agent bills and collects an agreed referral commission * from the supplier (direct settlement voucher) OR the client pays the agent and the agent pays the supplier less the agreed commission * (bill back voucher).
- Commission may take the form of a percentage of the value of the booked services or a fixed booking fee.