General Principals and Guide Lines
General Principles and Guidelines.
- Automatic service fees can be applied and viewed at any time while building a manual invoice by clicking on the button:
- You can do this as often as you want to. Each time the process will first delete any previously applied auto service fees and re-apply the auto fee rules and add fees according to the rules / items on the invoice.
- When you save an invoice, the auto fees are applied just before the summary of the invoice is displayed.
- Each time auto fees are applied, the service fee section of the invoice is displayed for you to view
- Automatic service fees can only be applied to invoices, not to credit notes.
- Automatic service fees are never applied to nil or negative amount invoice line items. Only line items on an invoice with a positive amount (ignoring Vat / taxes) are compared to the rule set.
- Automatic service fees display with an * behind the name/description on the invoice (screen only).
The * tells you it was generated automatically.
- Vat is added to the service fee per the relevant service fee table vat type. Note not all service fees are subject to standard rate vat.
- Automatic fees do not apply to credit notes. Generally you would reverse an invoice and all items, (incl. service fees) on it via the credit note F6 retrieve function.
- If you use the [Apply fee per passenger per line item on invoice] in the rules table, then you must indicate how many passengers there are (if more than 1) by adding #2 (where 2 is the no of passengers) to the end of the passenger name(s). Eg if a land arrangement invoice is for 4 people and you are invoicing it out on one line, you would indicate the 4 persons via a #4 as follows: “Smith party #4”. This is only necessary if you use the per passenger option.
- Automatic invoices (of automated tickets) will add automatic service fees on the same basis as manual invoices, but without any user intervention.
- This can be temporarily turned off for the current automatic invoice by adding #NOAUTO to the end of the S* accounting info.
- The existing automatic invoicing accounting info flag to add a service fee to an automated ticket (e.g. A*D23 C*L01 S*99 where 99 is the service fee) still works, but should no longer be necessary, as the whole process is completely automated. If you do use this accounting info flag, the specified service fee will be added to the invoice as before and automated service fees will also be added per the rule set. Therefore duplicating the service charges to the client.
- Service fees display separately on invoices. Clients will see them and query them unless they are properly informed as to your service fee policy and are in agreement with it. This can be partially overcome by doing consolidated invoices, which hide the detail of an invoice by consolidating all invoice lines into one “package” line. To specify that an automated ticket automatic invoice must be consolidated, add D*C (document = consolidated) to your normal accounting information e.g. A*D000058 C*PK D*C
- To temporary switch off automatic service fees for the current invoice, untick the while capturing the manual invoice.
Automatic fees will now not be applied to the invoice.
- Ticking the checkbox again, allows you to toggle the automatic service fees switch for the current invoice back on. This temporary switch is always reset to apply automatic service fees each time a new manual invoice is started. Usage of this function override can be controlled via the [Turn Off auto service fees for current invoice] password in Branch setup under Setup Passwords