QuickTrav™ Software Rental (License Fees) and Support Services
Quick Software supplies its software on a monthly rental basis subject to the following conditions (unless a separate contract has been signed):
1. All prices quoted are excluding Vat.
2. Prices are adjusted in March of each year and may change without notice. Fixed monthly charges may be subject to an annual CPI adjustment.
3. Monthly charges are payable by debit order only in advance, on the 1st of each month. A 15% premium will apply to all monthly charges that we are not able to process via debit order (e.g. due to non-receipt of debit order instruction).
4. Clients whose debit orders are returned unpaid by the bank more than 3 times will be issued monthly license fees only subject to a 15% premium paid monthly in advance.
5. All debit orders returned unpaid by the bank will attract an administration/bank fee (currently R80 + vat).
6. Installation arrangements will only be commenced upon receipt of your completed and signed 1) order form and 2) debit order form for the applicable monthly charges.
7. Monthly Rentals are subject to one calendar month's written notice.
8. Payment Terms:
i) Purchase of stationery or hardware - c.o.d. Only.
ii) Installation, training, bookkeeping & general support charges – 30days;
subject to credit approval and credit limit.
9. It is the responsibility of the Agency to ensure that they have correct technical specifications for hardware and software.
10. All Tax Invoices from Quick Software will be issued in electronic format (email).
11. Licenses and support services may be suspended for non payment of account.
Accounting and Bookkeeping Support
Quick Software supplies accounting/bookkeeping support for clients using QuickTrav™ on request.
These services are provided subject to the following understanding:
1. Quick Software Staff providing these services are not qualified Accountants.
2. They provide these services to the best of their ability as experienced QuickTrav™ bookkeeping consultants.
3. Quick Software is not an Auditing firm nor Accounting Officers and we do not provide services offered by these practitioners.
4. The keeping of up-to-date accounting records is the responsibility of the client and Quick Software will not be held responsible for any deficiencies in this area.
5. Our bookkeeping support staff are often asked to undertake certain reconciliations such as BSP, Debtors, Creditors, etc. The work carried out is from a purely bookkeeping point of view, i.e. once the account is reconciled it is up to the client to follow up on outstanding items (such as ADM's, ACM's, Debtors queries, Creditors queries, debt collection, etc).
6. With regard to statutory returns (VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL Returns, etc), Quick Software staff:
i) are not responsible for information submitted therein and the responsibility for these returns remains with the client.
ii) In cases where we are requested to assist in the completion of these returns, all necessary information and documentation will be supplied to us on which the relevant returns will be based. No verification procedures will be performed.
iii) Quick Software will not be liable for any penalties or interest imposed by the South African Revenue Service or any other party under any circumstance whatsoever.
iv) All Returns are to be signed by the relevant Responsible Person of the
company and not by any Quick Software staff member.
7. Any entries processed by Quick Software staff to the client's accounts are deemed to have been authorised by the client.
8. We are often requested to assist clients in catching up on their bookkeeping requirements, sometimes requiring months or even years of work to be caught up. We will endeavor to complete the task in the quickest possible time, however the client must have reasonable time and costs expectations in this regard.
9. Our staff are sometimes requested to train a bookkeeper. Our responsibility is to train a person (presumably a bookkeeper) in the use of our QuickTrav™ software and not to train a person to become a bookkeeper.
Once a Job Sheet has been signed for any support service performed by a Quick Software consultant, it
is reasonable to assume that all services were carried out according to the satisfaction of the client. There
is a "Comments" section for client comments on the Job Sheet.
Quick Software Staff
Quick Software is the developer of the QuickTrav™ specialised retail travel software solution. At the same time, Quick Software supplies the relevant support structures for QuickTrav™ (development, technical, telephone, training, bookkeeping, etc).
Quick Software employs staff from various fields, which then undergo intensive internal and on-site training on QuickTrav™ in order for us to provide the best level of QuickTrav™ support services possible. A software solution on its own cannot be sustained and properly maintained without these support services. Quick Software spends a great deal of time and money on training and developing their staff to a level of QuickTrav™ expertise as required, and expected of us, by our clients.
The majority of our staff interact with our clients on a daily basis in one or more of the support services provided. Therefore, any client using our QuickTrav™ software under license, by accepting the terms as stated herein under the heading “License Agreement”, may not make an offer of employment to any Quick Software employee while such client is still under license (i.e. using our QuickTrav™ software).
Backing up of data
Backup tools are provided separately in each QuickTrav™ module. We also provide a separate QuickTrav™ Backup Module if requested. It remains the responsibility of the client to i) ensure that they are making regular backups of their data and ii) to check that the data has been correctly backed up. Quick Software accepts no responsibility for the failure of clients to either backup their data or to check that the data has been properly backed up.
QuickTrav™ software has been written according to Industry norms, GAAP and informed interpretations of the various Acts applicable (e.g. VAT). It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that all necessary switches, etc are set according to the needs and requirements of the Agency and Quick Software will not be held accountable or liable for any errors or omissions in this regard.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time and encourage our clients to periodically update themselves with the contents of this document. Each document will have a review date and number and will be available on our website.
Quick Software CC